Monday 16 July 2012

Walking Without Windows

Dear Reader.

I would have written a post filled with self hatred, boredom and on wee, there exists a draft of this which is just that but before I sent it I went for a walk. I walked nowhere in particular I just found that I had been in the house too long and needed to be somewhere else. I know nothing about Mytholmroyd (my home town) I've probably spent more time exploring Sheffield this year than I have Mytholmroyd my whole life. I travel through Mytholmroyd I arrive in places in Mytholmroyd but I never really explore Mytholmroyd. I don't look at it. I see Mytholmroyd through the windows of my parents car or the windows of my parents house. I'm either standing still and see the same unchanging space or I'm moving too fast to see anything at all. And either way I live in silence. I block out the outside world. People need, I need, to see the world at walking speed. Without windows without headphones just to remove the buffers and experience the world I live in. Because when I get trapped I get bored and when I get bored I can't be bother to get out so I get trapped.

No comments:

Post a Comment