Monday 16 July 2012

Waiting for Godot while waiting for tea.

Dear Reader.

standing in a dark kitchen lit by a microwave oven. I wait for my tea to warm and rotate and watch "Waiting for Godot".

The story is a mystery. Not a story about a mystery but all the way through you literally have no idea what the characters are doing, what they're going to spend the 2 hours (or so) doing and you don't know how its going to end.

I have to watch this play for my course next year I'm doing "modern drama" so I decided to look it up on YouTube bite the bullet and sit down and watch the bloody thing and I quite like it. I don't think I could bare to read it or bare to sit through a poorly made production but then again I don't think I could bare reading or sitting through a poor version of hamlet.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to find it as funny as I do, but its only half way through.



This is the version I'm watching. If you care.

No comments:

Post a Comment