Tuesday 31 July 2012

Shit Writers Say (and a shameless plug)

Dear Reader.

This is a video from some of my friends from the Sheffield Hallam creative writing course. One of the actors is a poet called Will (he does do other stuff I hasten to add) who is doing a brilliant Blogg of his own called "Hello, internet :]", a link to which I will put at the bottom, please check it out, he is considerably better than me at film reviews (as well as being just, simply a much nicer person in general) and because he's a poetry writer he publishes allot of his work.

I have to say this video is slightly too close to reality its scary. I sniff books and there was controversy in our group when someone wrote a poem that had 14 lines and called it a sonnet even though its not in iambic pentameter or had the right amount of syllables and had the nerve to say that "there are no rules in poetry." I have to stop writing now because I'm having flashbacks.

DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO FIT 10 SYLABLES INTO A LINE!!! AAAAAGH!!!

Okay Joseph. Calm down.

I have said or have heard another writer say almost every example given in this video. Though I do agree that I want to be just like JK Rowling be a 47 year old mother of three with a husband called Neil. (Thank you Wikipedia)



(http://hell0internet.wordpress.com/) here's Will's blogg!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment