Monday 11 June 2012

High School Bullies


Dear Reader

I went to my old High School today. My dad runs this lunch time group every week which I used to go to called "Crunch" (short for "Christians who lunch". He's a vicar.) as a kind of hide out for some of the kids there and as an excuse to eat biscuits. So I went along and I found just walking through the corridors of the place, I felt myself shrink back and all my self-esteem drain from me. How is it that even now when I'm nineteen years old and at university pretending to be an adult (because let’s face it everyone is just pretending to be what they think is "grown up"), I can still end up being put down by a bunch of fourteen year olds?

I miss Sheffield "where no one knows your name". When you live in a city you can do and dress whatever way you want because no one gives a damn whether you live or die and there's something incredibly liberating about that invisibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment